Information about the initial installation and structure of Classic Commerce can be found on these pages:
- Setup Wizard
- SSL and HTTPS
- Menu Items
- Template Structure
- Theme Compatibility
- Installed Taxonomies and Post Types
- Roles and Capabilities
- Importing Sample Data
- Status Report
The Settings area is where you will define most of the important site parameters for your online shop:
- Accounts & Privacy
All extensions compatible with WooCommerce 3.5.3 should still be usable provided they do not rely on Jetpack or WooCommerce Services. However, many plugins and extensions will check for the existence of
woocommerce/woocommerce.php in the plugins folder prior to their activation. To circumvent this issue we have created this special compatibility plugin.
The CC Plugin Checker gives you a quick look at the “WC requires at least” tags on all your WooCommerce plugins, which is very useful if you are considering moving a site from WC to CC. The plugin shows you a list of all your plugins and displays any WC tags it finds. You just need to check the “requires at least” column to make sure it is 3.5.3 or less.
Once your Classic Commerce shop is set up there are a few things you can do to monitor activity and keep it in good working order.
- Managing Orders
- Find Product, Category and Order IDs
- Fix Outdated Templates
- Update PHP Version
- Update Database Table Prefix
Code snippets add minor functionality without the need for extra plugins.
For more details see this tutorial: How to add code snippets to Classic Commerce
Useful hooks for various template pages (with illustrated examples) can be found on the following hook pages:
Developer docs provide more in-depth reference material for experienced users.
- CSS Structure explains how the Classic Commerce CSS stylesheets work, and how to override them.
- Conditional Tags can be used in template files to change what content is displayed based on what conditions the page matches.
- Useful Core Functions are found in
includes/wc-core-functions.phpand can be used by themes and plugins.
- Classes gives a list of the common classes used in Classic Commerce.
- Image Sizes for Theme Developers explains how Classic Commerce registers image sizes to define the dimensions of images used on the site.
- Action and Filter Hook Reference gives a full list of action and filter hooks found within Classic Commerce files.