The overall settings for how Classic Commerce will handle products are made in this area.
There are three sub-menus: General, Inventory and Downloadable products.
General Product Settings
In the General section are Shop Pages, Measurements and Reviews, allowing you to control checkout settings, select units of measurement, and enable/disable product reviews and ratings.
Go to Classic Commerce > Settings > Products > General
Select what page you want to be the default shop page. Need not be the Shop page that WooCommerce installed, or can be skipped if you use another method to display products.
Add to cart behavior
- Redirect to cart page after successful addition – Automatically takes the customer to the cart page upon adding a product.
- Enable Ajax add to cart buttons on archives – Adds the ‘Add to Cart’ option to shop archive pages.
Set a default ‘placeholder’ image to appear on the front end when no other image is available. This could be your brand logo or an image of a signature product or service.
Select a unit of measurement for weight and dimension of products from the dropdown.
- Enable product reviews
- Select whether to display if the reviewer bought the product
- Control if anyone can leave a review or only buyers
- Enable stars on reviews.
- Select whether it’s required or optional
Note: Product Image and Store Notice settings are now located at Classic Commerce Customizer.
To edit your shop’s inventory options, go to Classic Commerce > Settings > Products > Inventory
Choose whether to enable stock management. If selected, you have these options:
- Manage stock
- Enable stock management – Inventory for physical products is auto-managed. You enter quantity, and WooCommerce subtracts items as sales are made, displaying: Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
- Disable (box left unticked) – Inventory and status for physical products must be entered manually. You can still Enable Stock Management on a per-product level if desired.
- Hold Stock (minutes) – Hold products (for unpaid orders) for X minutes. When limit is reached, the pending order is canceled. Leave blank to disable. Please note that this will work for orders in the “Pending payment” status, but not “On hold”.
- Enable low stock notifications
- Enable out of stock notifications
- Notification Recipient – Enter email address for notifications.
- Low Stock Threshold – Number of products to trigger low stock notification.
- Out Of Stock Threshold – Number of products to trigger out of stock status.
- Out Of Stock Visibility – Choose to hide out of stock items from catalog.
- Stock Display Format
- Always show stock – “12 in stock”
- Only show stock when low – “Only 2 left in stock” vs. “In stock”
- Never show amount
Go to Classic Commerce > Settings > Products > Downloadable products
File Download Method
Controls how your store provides downloadable files to purchasers.
- Force Downloads – Files are ‘forced’ to download via a PHP script. Files are not accessible to anyone but purchasers, and direct links are hidden.
- X-Accel-Redirect/X-Sendfile – Similar to ‘forced’ above, but it has better performance and can support larger files. It requires that your hosting provider supports either X-Sendfile or X-Accel-Redirect, so you need to check with them first.
- Redirect only – A download URL links the user to the file. Files are not protected from outside access.
Most stores should use one of first two methods to keep files safe from outside access. Redirect should only be used if you encounter problems or don’t mind downloads being non-secure.
- Select if downloads require login – Does not apply to guest purchases.
- Grant access to downloadable products after payment – Enable to grant access to downloads when orders are Processing, rather than Completed.