Classic Commerce 1.0.0-alpha.3 has just been released and is available for download. If you already have alpha.1 or alpha.2 installed the new version should be automatically available from your dashboard in the usual way. Download links are below.
This version has the following changes:
- NEW: Add usage tracking notice & opt-out
- NEW: Change template path to look for classic-commerce in theme folder
- UPDATE: Improve CC/Woo activation logic
- UPDATE: Change compatibility plugin warning message
- FIX: Fix deactivating WC/CC issue and change notice
- FIX: Prevent PHP fatal error when trying to activate WC while CC is still active
- FIX: Fix for CC admin menu icon display issues
- FIX: Prevent the compatibility plugin notice from appearing when it shouldn’t
- Other minor tweaks
TESTERS NEEDED: We are hoping that with the next release we can move into beta. But, before then, we really, really need more people to test this out fully. We especially need people who are using extensions and plugins to try out Classic Commerce (and the CC Compatibility Plugin) and check whether those extensions and plugins are still working normally. This is a very important aspect of making this a viable project.
If you are currently using a WooCommerce site with some third party extensions, could you please clone this to a suitable test area and check it over to see if there are any problems. If you need more help with setting this up on localhost, or if you require some temporary server space online, just ask here and we can help with the arrangements.
Classic Commerce repository: https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classic-commerce 2
Classic Commerce alpha.3 download: https://github.com/ClassicPress-research/classic-commerce/releases/download/v1.0.0-alpha.3/classic-commerce.zip 1
CC Compatibility for Woo Addons download: https://github.com/Classic-Commerce/cc-compat-woo/releases/download/v9999.0/woocommerce.zip